Monday, July 10, 2006

new york new york!

I got home today after a whirlwind weekend, Los angeles was amazing, I realised it is time for me to start travelling again more frequently, work has taken over my life. I am sitting watching Moulin Rouge perhaps the most brilliant display of art , colour an orgasm for the senses, etc. Why it was not more recognised I do not understand. I have suddenly thought of something I want to work with Baz Lurhmann maybe he could direct one of my shorts or better yet he could direct and produce my show at Paris couture, what an amazing dream to work towards. I want to see a rennaisance in art and fashion and film a dream that many of us share, I dont know how many more groll productions of mediocrity I can ingest. I remember hearing nicole sing one day i'll fly away in 2001 and thinking, god I want so much more in life , I want to accomplish all of my dreams and not be a part of the lost souls who have thrown away all of their dreams because they stopped believing, it makes me sad to see that. I remember after 9-11 having nothing not even a job, my grandmother (my best friend ) had died, and seeing this film and realising that if i put my mind to it i could accomplish what I set out to. I started creating fashion I taught myself Photography and used my art and what was inside of me to create, I dealt with my sorrow of this great loss. The show must go on and it did, I started to believe again that I could do it, I Have high hopes , big dreams, but why dream small when if you can imagine something why cant you have it. The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return, love with all of your heart and give that love to family, friends, your art, etc. I remember meeting Baz at the la boheme opening party, I had worn a pair of my hand embroidered trousers, that was the night I decided to start designing clothing, the response was amazing, I also remember becoming friendly with Amanda Lurhmann, what an amazing family of beautiful, kind people, thank you for giving us something to dream and aspire to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rewatched MOULIN ROUGE over the weekend too and am still awestruck. Ewan McGregor can do no wrong.

Oh, and HI!

8:46 PM  
Blogger C Merry said...

I live in the east village and feel free to stop by sometime. i always wish i could see 1920's paris. i also love MR, i love the homes the rooms the feeling..

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home