Friday, July 21, 2006

Saturday morning at one am

Sitting here in my smoking jacket remembering my day, How amazing it has been, I have been surrounded with love , through emails, and personal contact,thank you. I went out tonight to a small restaurant called Barbutto in the west village, the italian food there is amazing, it was a night so beautiful the sunset and summer in new york, what had happened this week? I am really excited though, I am preparing a really beautiful collection for September fashion week, this will be the show that blows all shows away, a multimedia event that no other has ever dreamed. I am concerned of my tv experience. I have to be strong and believe, it will all be amazing. I remember when I first came to New York in the 90's. I was so amazed it was so grande, in a way so different from any other city I had ever lived in, and very hard, but the city provided and I grew to be strong,not to mention the events, red carpets,galleries it has been amazing. I have suddenly become so tired, I think its carbohydrates, but dinner was amazing, I love Italian. I heard so many of your stories tonight, your lifes experiences, I am so honoured that you have shared them with me please dont give up on this, if we all try, we can make our future a beautiful place. Dont be afraid, fear keeps us from our dreams, I remember once being so ashamed of what I experienced as a child that I could not focus on my goals because there was so much pain, there is no need to ponder that, it still hurts but the brain is a muscle and like our bodies we can better our thoughts of ourselves. There is one dress I am so in love with for this collection, any woman who wears it will look like a goddess, I wonder what models I will use this season, I really would love to have linda evangelista, she is so beautiful , I remember all of those shots Steven meisel did of her in the 90's he was brilliant, I think when you find such beauty like I did in Bronwen you are so inspired it helps you grow as an artist.I remember meeting Steven a few times, I really enjoy his energy and photography, but I really love what Len prince did with me, and bruce, wow I never looked so beautiful. I always wish I had studied or mentored with someone, but my ideas were so strong I was afraid I would stop growing and lose myself in their art, which would have made me really unhappy, I got a call from my agent today, I love William Morris, well I have been approached by three other agencies after this show, I am prepared for more , I really want my show,I see how many of you are searching as I did, I want to be there for you. I would also love to dance on broadway again, I miss the theatre. I dont mind working really hard I have a great team around me that if I had to do a six month contract I could it would not hinder my designs by any means, I remember creating when all of my energies were stimulated, the work and flow was beautiful. Well this has been a huge week , maybe I will go to the beach tomorow, I find such peace in the ocean and the movement of water is so inspiring. Besides I need to be around nature right now, this week was really sad. Maybe I should sell all of my couture samples and start fresh, its great feng shui, Chin up darlings and believe you can do it and you will succeed beyond your wildest dreams.

8 Comments:

Blogger C Merry said...

I have been here in NYC all along, over in the East Village, wish we would have run into each other before but its a big place.. :)

Its a bit crowded but the food is amazing

http://www.frankrestaurant.com/

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Anyacat@aol.com said...

For my money, Rao's has the best restaurant red sauce ever, but then it's impossible to get a reservation. Anyway, there's nothing in life that cannot be made better after a nice plate of good ol' pasta. There's a place in Brooklyn I'd like to recommend, but, of course, I've forgotten the name, maybe when it comes to me...

I hate to flog a dead pony, but I wonder if you will try that "pageant" dress again but in some lighter material?

To all and sundry: I visited the poisonous Angela's Web site and found her combat boot fashion sensibility is reflected in her "designs"--really hick chic. I am sure she's a fine person, with many wonderful qualities, but design may not be one of them. Of course, what do I know, as I cannot even replace a missing button (but then, if I am expected to replace a missing button, why did the gods send us all those nice Koreans who opened all those nice cleaning an button-replacing establishments?).

To Amasa: Yes, writers write and do so every day. If you are very lucky, you will be published, but actually the process of writing is the thing. I hope you journal, it's good discipline and excellent research when you are constructing a story. We always think we will remember every of what we observe, but as humans we tend to forget, that is, when we are not embellishing the memory. And although there is nothing wrong with embellishment, the first emotion is often the most important of the fine details you will need to tell your story.

Adversity may make us stronger, but what's the sense of being a spiritual Hercules every dream comes crashing down around you? Once in awhile, it's good to have a dream realized. This way, while licking your wounds in the rubble, you can at least remember a time when life was good.

4:10 AM  
Blogger C Merry said...

I hope if you woke up at the beach it looked like this... :)

http://static.flickr.com/75/195407538_f5d1673f67.jpg

(got the happy pic of you from BPR)

8:45 AM  
Blogger somethingsomething said...

I'm glad to hear everything's going well for you! You deserve it.

I adore NYC. Everytime I ride the PATH in and I step onto the gray, gum splotched sidewalk, I'm happy. It's odd; everytime I go into NYC my faith in humanity is restored. It just makes me love people again. I don't know what it is. Just something about those 8 million people bustling about. That's probably my favorite thing about the place: not the concerts, the museums, the architecture. It's the people that make it worth it.

But don't underestimate the Garden State. Our nature is breathtaking. From the forest of the Ramapo Reserve to the beaches of Avalon. So here's your offical NJ invite. You're welcome here!

Hope to talk to you soon,
Liz

2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your story is so inspiring...I could feel the emotion and pain you felt but could also see the beauty in your soul. You have never given up and it inspires me to not give up on my dreams. God bless you and I pray for much success and happiness.

5:43 PM  
Blogger gogopilgrim said...

Hi Malan, so you are going to show your collection in the coming NY fashion week? if so, i'm really excited and happy for you. Linda E is one classic beauty, so elegant and versatile. it'd be great if you can have her to open or close your show. if you can't have her, Elise Crombez is another model i recommend you. Mr. Meisel loves them. :)

anyway, enjoy the beach, the nature. :D

6:22 AM  
Blogger C Merry said...

my sweetie is away recording an album at the moment and funny enough he also records and works with many of the ABC voice-over guys (such nice people!) and I will share your reel with him and now you are a celebrity voice-over star, although I think other things are keeping you busy most likely :) So since he is away I have been keeping myself busy with various artsy things and vintage and thrift store wanderings and its funny how I look at pieces and wonder what you'd have to say about this and that fashion. I also stop by your little "salon" here to see what new comment has been posted- you attract the nicest people! Well, hope you are having a wonderful time and hope all who stop by here are too. *waves*

8:24 AM  
Blogger ArsenicJulep said...

What a pity that people don't wear smoking jackets much anymore! I guess they're a relic of a more elegant era. Then again, it's just as well that people don't smoke like they did; an oxygen tank and a nasal tube are not exactly glamorous accessories. I will never forget a Gaultier smoking jacket I saw once at the Neiman Marcus outlet. It was made of Chinese dragon-printed silk jacquard in red, gold, and black. "Only" $200, down from $1,000+. My defense-lawyer brother had no use for it, but I've never forgotten it.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home