Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday


Wednesday, for no real reason has always been my favourite day of the week, I think because its purely a moment where you can see what has been accomplished and what needs to be done by Friday, that being said, my darlings, this seasons show Is going to so beautiful, I was going over sketches today and fabrics etc. Every single one of these pieces are so full of light and colour, it is going to be the best collection I have ever shown, and get excited because I am going to give you something that will change your formal wardrobe forever, something so beautiful elegant and sexy , but something you would never imagine wearing to a formal event. Wait to be surprised it will be worth it...

I have heard so many inspiring stories today from teachers, students , mothers, sons, daughters, artists, musicians, vintners, etc. I think everyone from all walks of life should feel a part of this, because if it were not for all of us there would be nothing to aspire to nothing new to discover. I remember reading about a dinner party dali went to where there were artists and people of all walks of life and the conversation flowed for hours and everyone learned something more about themself through another persons eyes. That is what life should be, there should be no judgement because we are all trying to accomplish something greater then we dreamed yesterday. If I were a fisherman or a chemist or a rubbish collector I would still find interest in everyones life. Never judge by what you see on the outside because inside the filling could be quite lovely! Goodnight and sweet dreams, maybe in the morning you will wake and find yourself one step closer to what you dream tonight, but dont give up trying...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malan-
For some reason whenever I invision you working I hear Roxy Music's Avalon.
You are inspirational...I am glad to have become acquainted with your work through PR, but certainly that moment in your life does not define who you are.
The dress is gorgeous, thank you for sharing. As a violinist, I believe that the most beautiful art comes from those who are beautiful within...truly this is you.
Best Wishes

10:02 PM  
Blogger CHWM said...

Thank you for showing us one of your dresses, I really enjoyed it. It will be exciting to see your whole collection when it is done.

You seem to be a very optimistic and positive person, and that is very inspirational. It's just that we live in such a negative world that it is nice every once in a while to find someone that never gives up on his dreams and encourages others to do the same. Never change who you are.

12:24 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

wow that dress is pretty amazing. i love how the ensemble is heaviest at the bottom, the thickness there really contrasts fantastically with the thinness everywhere else. its really quite brilliant as well how the whole construction moves your eyes from top to bottom. its like, you don't even have to think about checking her out because the lines of the dress do it for you. hah, well i'm sure this wasn't your objective.

anyway, hi. i'm jessica. i'm a student. i like physics and math, its what i spend most of my time doing. this is both a good and bad thing. i'm also glad you have a blog, i was sad when you left PR. and additionally, there's a bug crawling on my computer screen at the moment.

also, i would like to point out that i own the same glass witch ball hanging from that window, as well as the stained glass piece under it. which is particularly weird as my aunt hand made that piece for me a couple of years ago. very odd.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Evie said...

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week too. I probably enjoy Wednesday so much because my favorite book as a child was Dr. Seuss's "Wacky Wednesday."

Simply gorg-eous gown.

Toodles

L

6:33 AM  
Blogger Andiyana said...

That dress is stunning!

I'll try to contribute more to the discourse in future, but right now, I'm about to get kicked out of a computer lab at school. I suppose they'd like to be able to close up around here sometime.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home